Our extensive experience in flood restoration allows us to take on jobs from the leak in your basement to drying large commercial structures with a large trailer mounted dehumidifier.
Steps in the process are as follows:
1. We determine what type of flood you have. Basement with 6 deep feet of water or sewage that needs to be pumped. Carpet is damp or your entire structure is affected from condensation.
2. We immediately determine the source and stop the problem from growing whether its shutting off a valve or shutting down the entire water supply.
3. Then we start the remediation process that will get you back to normal conditions in the shortest time possible. This may include removing carpet, removing drywall, setting Extra Large Dehumidifiers, the one from the store you have in your basement will do around 14 pints per day. Ours do up to 37 gallons while only draing 8 Amps of electricity and they can draw moisture out of structural components versus just out of the air saving replacement costs.
4. We have all the equipment necessary - small and large pumps - to emergency heat - and large generators available to you 24 hours a day.
5. We utilize a state-of-the-art moisture meter that bounces sound waves into wall cavaties to determine if moisture is present. We then determine if the drywall needs to be removed or if drilling a small hole and 'injection drying" is possible. This keeps from having to open up walls unnecessarily and keeps us on track as to where the problem lies.
6. With the moisture meter, we record all levels of moisture such as dew point, relative humidity and readings are various points to determine if the selected drying process is working, and keep in mind we wil physically show you what we are seeing so there are no surprises during the entire process.
7. While the work is proceeding, we will immediately contact your insurance company and encourage them to send an adjuster out. We provide the adjuster a complete set of digital photographs, a computer generated estimate and detailed findings specific to your flood.
8. Around the 2nd to 3rd day we will apply an Anti-Microbial Disinfectant to the affected area that not only kills mold on contact, but will continue to do so for 30 days. This also will get rid of any lingering mildew odor that may have accumulated and in some instances we will use an enzyme deodorant or if the structure can be sealed up we will utilize an Ozone generator to completely kill all the odors.
9. The next step after drying the structure out is to have sub-contractors lined up to restore your home or business back to 100% with quality and time being of the essence. If you have your own contractor, we can leave it in their hands or we can provide a list of contractors that have done exceptional work for us. If the latter, we be there to see it though to the end. It's your call.
10. Our goal is to make your problem into our problem and resolve it as fast as possible with the highest quality of service. When we finish, we will show you all the moisture readings so you can have peace of mind that the mold and mildew are completely absent. We will also provide a CD with all the pictures, moisture readings, construction estimates and all correspondences relating to your flood.
© Copyright Karl's Carpet Cleaning. All Rights Reserved.
We can also be found in the following Wisconsin cities for your water damage remediation service needs: Adams, Baraboo, Coloma, Lake Delton, Mauston, Montello, Oxford, Portage, Westfield, and Wisconsin Dells.